In 2019, a facilitator-led day that brought together 29 members to celebrate where ESAI had come from, and to provide guidance on where ESAI was to go in the next five years.
This led to engagement with the Ministry for Primary Industries to access funding to tackle the outcomes of the Strategic Planning Day.
The five key strategies going forward are;
- Capacity – time and money,
- Readiness – communicating values,
- Momentum – relationships and partnerships,
- Knowledge – data and influence,
- Legacy – replication and succession.